28 June, 2008

With many players now on holidays we had the minimum 15 against a 22 strong Glenealy side. Glenealy got off to a great start and within a short time were two goals up. Our mentally strong team didn't panic, kept their composure and points by Michael Boland and Eoin McCormack narrowed the gap. Padraig Doyle in goals kept further pressure off us with brilliantly taken puck outs, which landed right down on top of the Glenealy half-back line. Some positional changes swung things in our favour but nevertheless, were behind at half time by 4 points. The interval gave us a chance to regroup. This worked well. Within minutes a 65m from Michael Boland landed in the square and Eoin crashed the ball to the net. Further points by Michael from frees and excellently executed scores from Eoin put us in front, a lead we never lost. Our defence were now playing much better with some great display of skills from Cathal McAodha and Liam Benville. Peter Conroy made some great catches and with his long clearances kept danger away. Our other defenders, Ishmael Mnensa, Seanie Maloney and Patrick Michel on the full back line tried really hard and stemmed the flow of goals that were evident in the first half.

In the second half Shane Lohan, along with Eoin took command at centre-field and supplied good quality ball to the forwards. Mark McDonagh-McGrogan and Conor O'Doherty were now getting in front of their defenders and keeping more ball inside. Thomas Foley had a brilliant game and always kept constant pressure on the defenders around him with some great block downs. Fionn Kinne-Coyle made his strength felt at half forward and broke ball loose making the Glenealy defence very nervous.

Great credit to our team who kept their heads, never gave up and worked really hard in the second half. The reward- Bray Emmets 3-10, Glenealy 3-1 to continue with our unbeaten record.

Training continues throughout the summer on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9. Our next game is away to Carnew this Saturday, July 5th at 2.45.