Monday, November 30, 2015
The numbers drawn were: 11,7,26,3. The next jackpot will be: €15,900 . Please sign up here, it's a fantastic way of supporting the club and winning some cash: http://brayemmets.com/brayemmets/lotto.aspx
Strictly is back and needs dancers and volunteers urgently!
Last year's Strictly was one of the best things that we as a club ever did and we are hoping to build on the sense of spirit and goodwill by making this year's event even better.
We are looking for dancers and volunteers over the next few days so don't be shy.
For Further Information please contact
PJ Cunningham 086 821 7631
Paul Cunnigham 086 824 3700
Gary Prunty 086 854 5100
Christmas shopping at the club shop
The club shop will be open on Thursday 3rd & 10th December from 7 to 8pm and Saturday 5th December from 10 to 12.30 for Christmas shopping. We now have fantastic hurley Christmas tree decorations in stock but hurry, stocks are limited!
Bray Emmets changed venue for our end of season party with over 120 kids attending bray bowl on Friday night for bowling, quasar, pool and games. The kids all had a great night and was great to see the age groups coming together for such a fun night. We would like to thank all coaches, mentors and parents for putting so much of their valuable time into helping these kids become the players of the future.
From all the coaches in Bray Emmets we would like to wish all our kids and their families a very happy Christmas and a prosperous new year and will see you all in the near future.
Well that's a wrap for Peil Abu on Thursday nights until the new year. Well done to all who have played all year and to see how well you have come on has been great. We will be recruiting new members in January so get ready.
Dates for your Diary
Scór na n-Óg : December 13th, St Marys College, Arklow.
Strictly Bray Emmets: February, 2016
Child protection workshop, Wednesday 2nd December starting at 8. All welcome
(From January all coaches working with children have to have completed a Child Protection Workshop so this is a great opportunity to get completed).
Football Workshop Tuesday 1st December from 7 to 8 for all football coaches from U8 to 14
Hurling Workshop Friday 4th December from 7 to 8 for all hurling coaches from U8 to 14
Please text Willie if interested 0860266506
GAA Foundation Course/Foundation Award
The Foundation Award is the introductory award for coaches of Gaelic Games. The course is aimed at beginner coaches and will enable participants to assist a coach in the organisation of activities to develop hurling or football.
The course is seven and a half hours in duration and covers four key modules, as well as introductory and conclusion modules. These four modules are:
- Introduction to Games
- Skill Development
- Movement Skills
- Coaching Children, Youths and Adults
Coaching Competencies to be developed
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Assist a coach in organising a programme of games and skill development activities appropriate to each participant's needs and abilities
- Identify the skills of hurling
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop five key skills
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic Games
- Assist a coach in organising and managing players for an effective practice session
- Build Rapport, Observe, Analyse, Explain, Provide Demonstration and Provide Positive Feedback to Players
The GAA is committed to implementing an integrated Coach Education Programme with a view to maximising participation, optimising playing standards and ensuring that players’ needs are catered for in a balanced way.
The course is designed to promote the development of the How to Coach skills through modelling of best practice, as demonstrated by the tutor, experimential learning and through the guided reflection on previous experiences – as a coach, player, official or parent – facilitated by the tutor.
GAA Games Development Conference
The Liberty insurance GAA Games Development Conference will take place on Friday January 22nd and Saturday January 23rd next in Croke Park. The 2016 Conference will focus on issues related to the Adult Player (aged 18 years +).
On Friday, January 22nd we will have a special forum on the progression of players from the minor and underage ranks through to the adult game.
Saturday, January 23rd will see a spectacular range of speakers presenting both key note and parallel workshops on issues related to the adult player. The full list of speakers is currently being finalised, however confirmed speakers include:
- Eamonn O'Shea, former Manager Tipperary Senior Hurling Team
- Bryan Cullen, All Ireland Winning Captain 2011 Dublin Senior Football Team
- Prof Ian Robertson, Professor of Psychology, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr Sharon Madigan, Sports Nutritionist Irish Institute of Sport
- Paul Brady, World Handball Champion
- Dr Richard McCann, Sports Institute of Northern Ireland
- Prof Niall Moyna, Dublin City University
- Damien Young, Lecturer Setanta College/LIT and Performance Analyst Tipperary Senior Hurling Team
Tickets are available to reserve your place now, from http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/2016-liberty-insurance-gaa-games-development-conference-tickets-19011202017
Please note that tickets are available on a first come, first served basis and are expected to sell out quickly.
For more information please visit: http://learning.gaa.ie/coach