Bray Emmets Coach Education
Monday, November 23, 2015
Bray Emmets GAA Foundation course will take place Tues 24th & Thurs 26th from 7 to 9.30 for all coaches, helpers or anyone interested in coaching their kids.
Child protection workshop following Wednesday 2nd Dec starting at 8. All welcome.
(From January legislation for all coaches working with Children have to complete Child Protection Workshop so this is a great opportunity to get completed)
Football Workshop next Tuesday 1st December from 7 to 8 for all football coaches from U8 to 14
Hurling Workshop next Friday 4 December from 7 to 8 for all football coaches from U8 to 14
Please text Willie if interested 0860266506 as need to plan for numbers.
The Foundation Award is the introductory award for coaches of Gaelic Games. The course is aimed at beginner coaches and will enable participants to assist a coach in the organisation of activities to develop hurling or football.
The course is seven and a half hours in duration and covers four key modules, as well as introductory and conclusion modules. These four modules are:
- Introduction to Games
- Skill Development
- Movement Skills
- Coaching Children, Youths and Adults
Coaching Competencies to be developed
By the end of this course participants will be able to
- Assist a coach in organising a programme of games and skill development activities appropriate to each participant's needs and abilities
- Identify the skills of hurling
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop five key skills
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic Games
- Assist a coach in organising and managing players for an effective practice session
- Build Rapport, Observe, Analyse, Explain, Provide Demonstration and Provide Positive Feedback to Players
The GAA is committed to implementing an integrated Coach Education Programme with a view to maximising participation, optimising playing standards and ensuring that players’ needs are catered for in a balanced way.
The course is designed to promote the development of the How to Coach skills through modelling of best practice, as demonstrated by the tutor, experimential learning and through the guided reflection on previous experiences – as a coach, player, official or parent – facilitated by the tutor.